It’s been a great year of sharing about the biggest themes through these songs in prisons, theatres, universities…
As well as playing over 50 events, it’s been great to complete the “Acoustic Cafe” album and accompanying 13 videos, plus work with Lester Barnes on the new studio album to be released in 2014…
Here are some of the dates from 2013:
- January 5, 2013 – Cranleigh with full band.
- January 12, 2013 – Dinas Powys – “Acoustic Cafe”
- January 25, 2013 – Exeter University 12 “lunchbar”
- January 25, 2013 – Exeter university – “events week”
- February 3, 2013 – Film Cafe, Stag Cambridge
- February 6, 2013 – Reading university – “events week”
- February 8, 2013 – Reading university – “lunchbar”
- February 8, 2013 – Reading university – “events week”
- February 12, 2013 – Record Lavish
- February 14, 2013 – Durham university – “lunchbar”
- February 14, 2013 – Durham university – “events week”
- February 15, 2013 – Durham university – “lunchbar”
- February 15, 2013 – Durham university – “events week”
- February 17, 2013 – Tunbridge Wells
- February 19, 2013 – Record Lavish
- February 26, 2013 – Record Lavish
- February 28, 2013 – Manchester University
- March 9, 2013 – Acoustic Cafe, Tunbridge Wells
- March 14, 2013 – Acoustic Cafe – RT Gallery
- March 17, 2013 – Easter Cafe, Oakhall Church, Caterham
- March 21, 2013 – Lunch time
- March 21, 2013 – Leyland – acoustic cafe, “Cafe Ambio”
- March 22, 2013 – Lunch Bar
- March 22, 2013 – Leyland – “Dreams of Peace”
- April 18, 2013 – Record Lavish
- April 19, 2013 – Record Acoustic Cafe
- May 3, 2013 – Record Acoustic Cafe
- May 5, 2013 – play at Transform, Brixton
- June 21, 2013 – Acoustic Cafe Album released
- June 28, 2013 – Record videos for Acoustic Cafe
- September 8, 2013 – play at Peterborough prison
- September 8, 2013 – Acoustic Cafe, Peterborough
- September 22, 2013 – Sidmouth
- September 22, 2013 – Acoustic Cafe, Sidmouth
- September 27, 2013 – Acoustic Cafe
- September 28, 2013 – 12noon Acoustic Cafe Lampeter University
- September 28, 2013 – Acoustic Cafe Lampeter University
- October 6, 2013 – STAG Cambridge Acoustic Cafe
- October 11, 2013 – Record Lavish
- October 14, 2013 – Malta university Lunch Bar
- October 14, 2013 – Malta university Acoustic Cafe
- October 15, 2013 – Malta university Lunch Bar
- October 15, 2013 – Evening Event Malta University
- October 26, 2013 – Play at Transform, Southampton
- November 3, 2013 – Play at Transform, Brixton
- November 7, 2013 – Jesus Musicians Collective (FEUER)
- November 8, 2013 – Jesus Musicians Collective (FEUER)
- November 9, 2013 – Jesus Musicians Collective (FEUER)
- November 10, 2013 – Jesus Musicians Collective (FEUER)
- November 11, 2013 – Jesus Musicians Collective (FEUER)
- November 11, 2013 – Evening event, Novi Sad University, Serbia
- November 12, 2013 – Evening event, Zagreb University, Croatia
- November 13, 2013 – Evening event, Ljubljana University, Slovenia
- December 31, 2013 – Otford Manor New Year Event
Now looking forward to 2014 and the year is filling already – hope to see you soon!
“one voice, one guitar, one take”
Offering an echo of the Acoustic Cafés that Andy has been playing across the UK over the last year, here are twelve songs from three studio releases including acoustic versions of four new songs due to be released in November on the next studio CD, “Lavish”.
Available from the website on iTunes, Spotify and other digital outlets.
BLOG POST: 19th April 2013
“Today I spent a great morning at Porcupine Studios.
“It was to Porcupine that we brought the whole band to record the live jazz parts of “This is for you”. Nick Taylor has an amazing ability to capture live sound in an authentic way as he delves into his treasure trove of intricate and ancient Neumann microphones…
“Our philosophy for the session was, one voice, one guitar and one take – we were trying to capture the spontaneous, immediate feel of the Acoustic Café events and we had a lot of fun!”
This CD will be released in June. Here are some shots from around the studio taken by Mike MacDonald:
“Coffee, conversation and music with a soul – all in the best galleries, coffee houses and cafés…”
Through this Spring, guitarist and singer song-writer Andy Mayo will be playing a series of “Acoustic Cafés” across the UK. Playing without his powerful five-piece band, the music takes on a very personal quality in such intimate settings – this is deepened as Andy shares some of the stories behind his songs.
“I love the buzz of these Acoustic Café events” explains Andy, “it takes the songs back to the kind of atmosphere that they originated from…”
Drawing on an extensive repertoire of three published albums as well as new material from his next CD, these will be evenings to savour. Inspired to write about big themes impacting everyday lives, Andy’s music has been described in the press as, “continually suffused with transcendent hope”.
With an eclectic mix of styles drawing from blues, jazz, folk and a hint of funk, Andy’s music fits well into the unique and vibrant ambience of these intimate venues.
Click for PDF edition of this Press Release: Acoustic Cafe – Press Release 03 03 13
For the next two days I am playing at a number of events in Durham – part of the University ‘Events Week’.
It’s always excellent to be involved in these happenings – many opportunities to share through this music about the Jesus Christ who liberates lives…
My “acoustic” solo kit is loaded on the train – always quite an adventure to shift across the country. Here are some images from this morning!
Here is a current listing of live dates for 2013 – it’s being added to all of the time!
We’d love to see you soon…
[google-calendar-events id=”2,” type=”list”]
What a great event! Organised in the Low Tatra mountains, thousands of people from Slovakia and the surrounding countries get together for a few days of great music, networking and excellent teaching.
The journey was an adventure with two planes being cancelled and then a long drive across from Austria. Travelling with rappers “Faith Child”, we had a lot of fun on our unexpectedly convoluted journey including putting on an impromptu acoustic gig in the foyer of a prestigious hotel where the struggling airline had put us for the night…
In a usually deserted valley in the Low Tatras, a massive marquee and surrounding tent village had been established and we arrived to the warmest Slovak welcome just in time for the soundcheck.
The whole of CampFest is brilliantly and professionally organised by a dynamic and highly creative team. It was great to catch up with the genius Stan Majerski who lives right in the heart of CampFest with his family and to chat more about the new CD that we are working on together…
I look forward to being back in this part of the world – just over the border in Poland – in November for a series of university events…
This is the first year that the Sozo music festival has been held in Serbia. With a magnificent stage by the River Danube, it was my privilege to open the Friday night.
Having lived in Serbia, I can speak a bit of the language – in this clip you will catch me welcoming the gathering crowd, telling them what the evening will hold and then in the middle of the song explaining, “This song is saying, ‘Come to me and I will give you rest’ somebody very well known said this – His Name is Jesus…”
Click here for a map!
Had a brilliant night with the folks from Farnham on Saturday – what a great group of people… It was a mellow, “Acoustic Cafe” event – about 100 people, thirteen songs in two sets of just over half an hour each, including about five songs from the new CD that is on its way.
Dave McNeight was there and captured the event in a few images…